Divinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divinity

OF KOR'GALL

PortalHomeGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Addon AVR

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zaila

Zaila

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Addon AVR Empty
PostSubject: Addon AVR   Addon AVR Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:43 pm

Addon Spotlight - AVR
It's time for another spotlight! This time I would like to point out a fairly new addon called AVR (Augmented Virutal Reality) and AVR Encounters. This addon will let you draw markings on the 3D world anywhere and share it with anyone! This is incredibly useful for any raid leader, but it's not the only feature.

Some of these drawings can be automatized and triggered by spells and NPCs, this is how you get AVR Encounters! This submod adds warnings and very noticeable visual helps for for various boss abilities.

I know a lot of people will ask: this is JUST an addon and it doesn't use anything else than the Blizzard's API, you won't get banned for using that (but I cannot guarantee that Blizzard will not disable it at some point). For more information on the addon you can also check the following:

AVR Encounters on Curse

Description
AVR (Augmented Virtual Reality) allows you to draw and add lines, circles and other markings on the 3D world itself. All markings may also be shared with others. Suitable for example to mark locations when explaining raid tactics. These marks can even be left visible for the fight itself.

Other things you can do with AVR:

* Draw range circles around you or someone else at any range
* Clearly mark players close to you
* Mark any location relative to player position and rotation, for example mage blink landing spot
* Measure distances
* Boss encounter warnings (using a separate addon)

Boss encounters
AVR does not contain a built in boss encounters module anymore. They are now done by a separate addon. At the moment there are two options.

* AVR Encounters adds AVR warnings for various boss abilities. It does not require any other boss encounter addon to work. It is not a replacement for traditional boss encounter addons as it does not do ability timers, sound warnings etc. It can be used with any traditional boss encounter addon such as BigWigs, DBM or DXE.
* Raid Watch 2 is a full boss encounter addon much like BigWigs, DBM or DXE. It has built-in support for AVR and also does timer bars and other kinds of warnings.

Whichever you choose to use, you will also need to install AVR.

Limitations and known issues
There are some fundamental limitations caused by what information is available to addons. These are mostly related to the exact position of camera and lack of unit Z coordinates. In particular you should note following:

* Drawing works best on a flat surface (note that for example Dalaran has very uneven roads).
* Camera getting stuck in a wall or ceiling will cause any markings to go out of sync with rest of the world.
* Any kind of stairs/slopes and such cause troubles.
* Jumping and other kinds of vertical movement causes the drawings to move with you.
* Everything is drawn over the 3d world. This means that things that should be behind walls or units will appear in front of them.
* Camera auto follow causes some problems.

Some other known issues are:

* All vehicles (like the ones at the start of Ulduar) are a bit problematic.
* Lifts, moving platforms and in particular Gunships in Icercown Citadel raid have some problems.
* Player map coordinates are unavailable in Icecrown Citadel raid on Lich King platform after the edges have collapsed. This means that any markings tied to zone coordinates or other players than yourself are unusable there. (Lana'Thel's room was fixed in 3.3.3 though the ramps leading there are still a bit odd.)

----------------------

Could be really usefull in raids, i've been trying it myself. Get it and lets Pew Pew! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Knoei

Knoei

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2007-06-12

Addon AVR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addon AVR   Addon AVR Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 4:23 pm

I imagine it takes up a lot of ram?
Back to top Go down
Zaila

Zaila

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Addon AVR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addon AVR   Addon AVR Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:27 pm

i dont think so tbh, it's working like a charm for me, it's a awsome addon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Addon AVR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addon AVR   Addon AVR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Addon AVR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Divinity :: Public :: Chat-
Jump to: